Yes blog readers, the absolute deluge of work has seen me well below the surface and unable to come up for oxygen or a blog :(
Some catching up to do after the shambles....
Saturday 10km at Homebush, was in 2 minds to run or not with spasms still going on in my lower back/glute area after W2G. In the end I did run and headed out ok but could not stretch out fully. Was actually reasonably happy with my time after sitting about 30m behind Professor and Superflake for pretty much the whole race. Posted a time of 41:23.
Sunday I got up at 5am for the STaR but felt like rubbish and let the doona demon trap me. From there last week was a blur, a quick jaunt across to NZ for work and then a whole heap of deadlines meaning late nights (at least I could also watch the cycling!). Then on Friday part of the work stuff finished as we completed the merger/acquisition of a significant sized competitor! Through all of this no running, the spasms getting worse, despite a visit to the witch doctor.
By Saturday I was jack of it so I headed over to the West Met run at Rydalmere to have a break from the computer, get some fresh air and stretch the legs. A funny course with 3 hairpin turns on the 2km loop made it difficult to get into a rhythm. I ran ok for the first 4km but then faded quite badly, avg HR of 185 so I was working hard!!!
Sunday was the 10 bridges STaR, I resolved to get out and ignore the spasms in the hope that a long hard run might realign things. A good group but once again some likely suspects went crazy pace wise and I ended up doing some fartlek type sections chasing the front runners down to try and keep people together, something I am starting to get pissed off about (sorry Mum if you are reading!). Anyway just started to fade across Iron Cove bridge but kept grinding away home to post about 27km in a round 5:25 min/km avg pace. The good news is that the run did just as intended and the spasms are gone, happy days!!!!
Also of interest was the results of the CT scan which showed that my legs are of equal length so now we know once and for all that everything is around my hip/pelvis alignment and that means it can be focussed on without worrying about inserts etc.
Will probably run the Shoalhaven KOM on Sunday as a longer tempo style run to get some sort of base in for Sydney.
Heres hoping that I can resurface shortly.
2 comments:
LOL - after the lead-in paragraphs of spasms, and not getting much chance to run, you then casually drop a 41.XX 10km, a few more hard runs, and then head down to Nowra for the killer KOM! On top of all that, you're doing a superb job with le tour comp mate. Really much appreciated.
All the best for your "little" training run on the weekend. I have a mate (Darren Rigney) going down for this who I've been training with a lot. He's looking at a 2:10 or so, and will be wearing a pearl izumi white cap and probably have the green Asics DS-racers on. Say g'day if you see him!
Time for your weekly update Dave!
;-)
Hope life settles down for you soon.
Post a Comment