Since Black Stump I have again been busy with a Summer Series jaunt around Lindfield, lots more climbing and I absolutely ran myself into the ground.
Again some slackness drifts in but the buck stops on Sunday with a return to Six Foot today. An early start to get up to Megalong Rd to start at 7am with a group of around 10. A conga line down to Cox's River at a pretty good clip, although the group fragmented a little. The water was pretty low but we rock hopped across. I had a need to make a pitstop while the others kept going.
About half way up Mini Mini another runner caught me who I found out was Vurt, the rest were off in the distance. Cruised back past Vurt on the descent down to Allum and then he went past again as we ascended Pluvi. I paused for a second at teh site of my misfortune in last year's race. Right near the top the main group went past headed back down. A quick gu at the top and time to smash the quads....
Back up to Mini Mini before headed all the way to the river. Here vurt, superflake and aimhigh were waiting. I did not realise how tough the climb back up to Megalong was, I was pretty much done (read stuffed) with more walking than running in the final pieces of the climb before thankfully seeing the car.
Stats
Distance 35.4km
Time 4:31:11
Avg Pace 7:39
Avg HR 155
Total climb 1385m (yowsa!)
I'd say this route actually has more climb than the race due to the climb back out from Cox's which is a lot more than Black Range. Legs are not too bad tonight, assisted by the cold dip in the creek, putting on the skins and also some Endura opti.
7 comments:
Nice work. BTW the scales have shifted a bit in favour of terrified after reading your post ;-)
Thanks again for organising Dave, it was a great morning for it. I reckon the climb back to Megalong Rd from the river more than adequately simulates tired legs-Black Range running. How low was the creek!
Nice run Dave. Thanks for organising. That run back from Coxs took me over an hour. A lot of walking as I was stuffed.
Good to see you getting reacquainted with the track. You are right, the climb up from Cox's is very tough on tired legs. That is one of the many things I learnt from doing 12 Foot.
thank for organising and it was nice to meet you.
Seeing the car was sweet relief, i struggled as well back from Cox. Saying that i am looking forward to giving it another bash on the 4th.
Good training run Dave. You're right about it being harder - Black Range doesn't need as much thinking as the run/walk back from Cox's.
Nice work Dave - yep it's tough going in the reverse direction back to Megalong Rd.
Sorry I missed it.
Post a Comment