Tuesday, January 23, 2007

We apologise for this break in transmission.....

A bit of time between posts but all for a good reason!

Just flew back into Sydney yesterday after a family holiday to the US. Obviously I did not blog about this ahead of time as it is not a wise idea to put out in the public domain that the house will be unoccupied for a couple of weeks.

We had an absolute blast, with the focus being on Disneyland (for 3 days!), San Diego (what a great zoo), Las Vegas (Disney for adults!) and the Grand Canyon.

Only downer was record low temperatures during our visit, that combined with a pretty hectic schedule (we drove everywhere) saw absolutely no running, even though I took my gear. So now time is short for Six Foot prep and I have not ventured near the scales yet to see the damage american food has done. Regardless the absolute great time in experiencing everything with my wife and kids more than outweighs any potential performance impact at six foot, some things in life are much more important!

9 comments:

Bernie G said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I'll have to chat to you about the US, Blue Dog and I are looking for ideas for our trip.

Superflake said...

I could live in Disneyland. Such a fun place to visit for every 'kid'. Hope you all had a great time over there.

Ewen said...

That's a great holiday. 4 days in Disneyland would be handy, and a week or more each for Vegas and the Grand Canyon.

You'll be pleased to hear the trails are waiting...

2P said...

What a wonderful Six Foot pre-training taper and carb load - you will get much more out of your training now ;-)

Welcome back mate.

Horrie said...

Good to see you getting the balance in life right. It is all good for the DTI.

Jen said...

Sounds like a fantastic trip!

Welcome home :-)

TA and the Gnome said...

The kids get older faster than you do. Play with them while you have the chance :-)

Gnome

Clairie said...

I totally agree....some things in life are more important. Like running at Canbera...ha ha no just kidding.

So now that you are refreshed and the body has recovered from all the running of 2006 I expect great things from you this year. However please ensure you follow your own advise you have given previously and ramp up the training slowly :)

Anonymous said...

Dave, at least you're back on the road though mate, thats a step up on me....soon though, soon! Some big goals for us both later this year ok?

Prof