Friday, February 16, 2007

Bottom of the hill

Back to basics in an effort to get rolling again and so I thought why not go deep end straight up!

Down to LCNP and the Striders 8km marker to flog myself a few times over a km and see what happens. Even on the run down it was noticeably humid and I felt far from being smooth etc etc.

Knocked out the first rep in 4:02 and as I am standing there gasping trying to re-oxygenate the mad guz looms into view. A quick nod as he notices my breathing and confirms I am doing a "session" as he gracefully floats by. Fifteen seconds later and my rest is up and I charge off in pursuit, the sad thing is his float is faster than my rep (3:57) as I make no inroads in catching him, sort of puts things into perspective!

The next up rep makes it a CR spotting exercise as Rock Doctor goes past in the other direction and I complete a 4:04. Last ditch stand on the way back and I use the downhill to get a 3:55. This just sneaks me under the average of 4 min/km but quite a bit off from the 6 @ around 3:50 from late last year. A struggle to get home and I'm absolutely lathered but a good session to use as a new benchmark!

Thanks for the thoughts on 6 ft, the battle may be lost but the war is far from over :)

3 comments:

Ewen said...

Those km reps are a good reality check Dave. Hopefully you can 'enjoy' 6', without the pressure of trying for redemption. A good run to the finish from Pluvi would be satisfying. Sorry you won't be making Canberra. See you on March 10!

2P said...

Nice reps Dave - deep end is good :-)

Was great to chat last night too.

Jen said...

Sounds like Lane Cove is becoming the new Bay run with all that CR spotting!