Legs pulled up pretty well from Saturday, once again a noticeable case of doms in lower outside hammies which I always seem to get on longer runs involve walking.
Last night Summer Series was literally just around the corner so I did a cobweb clearing blast and was pretty happy with the result. As usual I ran "long" and was back a bit late but happy with the run and mostly the route. Certainly a lot better score than my last couple of outings.
Time to think about what next, main goal is to try and do a sub 40 while 40 (recent birthday, thanks Tesso!) But bottom line is that I (still/again) need to be more consistent with training and somehow blend real life against that requirement better! Not much point in setting lofty goals if I never do enough groundwork to succeed....
5 comments:
One good thing about getting older is that 10k in under your age in minutes thing gets easier :-)
Geez Tesso I'm going to have to hold form into my 50's then....
Nice work getting out there for the Summer Series Dave. What about PMC?
The sub-40 at 40 has a nice ring to it Dave. A tad harder than sub-49 at 49 though.
Love the sweeping photo - think you missed a bit. How about a close-up of the Dirty Girl Gaiters?
Happy belated birthday Dave!
hey mate - sorry I've been away for a while. Congrats on the great (and self-less) job with hte 7-hour pacing at 6FT. There's always next year where we can both go hard on the track :)
and speaking of which, I'll make sure I get down for a striders run soon so we can do something about this 40 min thingy!
Post a Comment