Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Can you hear me Major Tom?

Please stand by for a recommencement of our regular service.

The broadcasting unit has been transported to the hot, steamy, lush tropical climes of Singapore and finally all is in place to resume the boring inane dribble that solved many an insomnia problem.

Yep, the move is done and finally the whole family have been (successfully?) transplanted to Singapore, the boxes are mostly unpacked and the local Ikea and Harvey Norman are reporting unseasonal record sales figures.

Very sad to look back through the training log, essentially no running in 2 months as the whole relocate thing consumed any spare moments from the usual hectic timetable. That coupled with the efforts to drink down the balance of the liquor cabinet that could not be shipped see me very grateful that we have not yet located where the scales were packed.....

Anyway I have more than the usual sense of foreboding about getting going again. Just tonight as I stuffed around in the lounge room reassembling the computer I worked up enough sweat to take Warragamba back up to around 75% capacity!!! Hell knows what is going to happen when I actually lace up some shoes in anger...

Stand by for tales of woe as I attempt to climatise by running my arse (and gut) off. As they say "what doesn't kill you..." well lets not go there yet.

Apologies to all who have faithfully blogged despite the lack of inciteful and humourous (not!) comments from myself. No apologies to the sad cases who actually regularly checked in to see if I have actually been doing anything, get a life folks!!!

7 comments:

Jen said...

LOL! Glad to hear that you have landed successfully there Dave.

Camille said...

Glad to see the Blogs back up and running, I am one of those saddos who have been checking regularly for updates.....

Bennyr said...

Dave,

I moved the family to the next suburb and it sucked arse.

You've moved country. If you are still alive and sane, then kudos to you.

Best of luck getting back into it!

Cheers,
Ben

Superflake said...

Great to hear the move went well Dave. I await reports of your first lap of the island. I hear it is the size of the bay run so shouldn't take you long. Good luck hope you have fun and come back to visit.

Hamburglar said...

Good one Dave.

Looking forward to some reports from Singapore!

miners said...

great to see you back mate - and to see you and the fam all settled nicely over there. Look forward to seeing a few more updates

Ewen said...

It's time to leave the capsule if you dare...

And I was just about to delete you from bloglines ;) Spare a bit of sweat for Googong.