Another week of holidays but I managed to mix in some good training as well!
Sunday - I stretched out my long run to now include the loop around the Peirce reservoirs which has a few more hills as well. Was happy at my ability to hold the pace as I headed home through Bishan Park where I have faded before and ended up with 25km in 2:30
Monday - Rest :)
Tuesday - My newly annoited Tempo run day with an out an back course through Bishan Park to Thompson Rd at the bottom of Lower Peirce Reservoir. Felt a little lighter in the legs today and the stats show that it was a good effort, just over 13km at an average of 5:05, that is starting to almost look respectable!
Wednesday - Rest!
Thursday - Went long with a my 20km loop around Macritchie, once again the legs felt a little lighter and the end result was that I sliced 6 minutes off the time I did less than 2 weeks ago! Very pleasing to have my longer runs now all sneaking back under the 6 min/km figure.
Friday - No rest but a recovery run and today I had a companion, my eldest daughter got up and rode her new mountain bike next to me. I paid careful attention to the HRM with the goal of staying under 150 bpm. Ended up with just over 9km, average 6:04 pace and average HR of 145bpm.
Saturday - Back on the bike for the Kranji loop revisited. A little drizzle and extra traffic saw the pace a little lighter until about the 20km mark, which has a sprint up a long hill. Last ride I was already pretty shelled but this time I felt better and really hammered up the hill, taking 4th out of a bunch of about 20. We then regrouped and unlike last time where I really faded, this time I somehow kept on getting shuffled to the front, another big effort up Buona Vista Hill before cruising into Orchard Rd for the post ride discussions over a cup of coffee :) (it is handy when you know where the finish is!!) A little longer as a result with 75km at an average of 29.6kph.
That ends a pretty good week with just over 9 hours of exercise time, and I have already shed the Bintan weight gain, now for a few more kg! As Ewen points help weight loss is assisted when you live in a sauna, 2 times this week I have started my run, already sweating.
Back to work on Monday so things will get a little tougher, as there is also some travel looming but hopefully the last 2 weeks will have me enough in the groove.
The rest days will slowly get replaced by either a recovery run, or another cycle or both to end up with a workout each day, but not yet....
2 comments:
Sounds like a great week of training. Keep it up!
Dave, 5:05 kms are respectable, especially running in temps of 40C and 95% humidity. It's bloody well cooled down here - perfect running weather in the low 20s!
Lucky STaRs don't finish in a different location! Finishing elsewhere must be some trick of your cycling buddies to toughen the newbies.
Post a Comment