Yes Six Foot is around the corner and I am still scrambling to get somewhat in shape!
A mixed week last week, started off well on Tuesday with a tempo run on a new course I had been planning on trying. Just over a km from our house is a large open park area with a network of paved roads over a slightly undulating terrain. Using the run to/from as warmup/down I ran at tempo for 5 laps which turned out to be just over 8km. Was quite happy with my form as I started faster than the previous tempo runs and the good thing about this course is no traffic lights or road crossings once you have started. Ended up with avg pace of 4.44 min/km.
Then some slackness and sleep catch up saw me not run again until Friday, so I opted for a loop of Macritchie to clear the cobwebs and again pushed pretty hard. Also pleasing to knock out the just over 20km in avg pace of 5:35 min/km pushing the fresh legs all the way home.
Back on the bike on Saturday for another ANZA ride and felt a little dusty after the hard run on Friday, especially on some of the hills, but finished off with just under 75km at avg speed of 31.1km/hr.
Sunday morning and I headed out planning on a longer run, quite oppressive conditions and I was soking in sweat by 5km. The legs were also starting to feel the pinch after Friday and Saturday and I opted to shortcut the route to about 21km, still at avg pace of 5:45.
Plainly I need to better organise my hard sessions, if I am going to ride on Saturday then Thursday should be my last hard run with a recovery session on Friday, that way I have 2 hard days over the weekend and then recover on Monday.
Yes Jen, as per above Six Foot is very much being thought about, just have to see how travel goes between now and then. Also after yet another chafing problem I reverted to bodyglide and this seems to have solved the problem!
Oh, almost forgot, my Sunday swims are now up to 1000m!
5 comments:
Excellent :-)
...but I'll bet you don't get sweaty during the swims... :-)
Looking forward to seeing you in 3 weeks and 5 days (but who's counting??).
Gnome
Thanks for the reminder Dave - I must get my entry in!
Does "soking in sweat" mean your socks were sweaty? ;)
NIce to see you still have the speed on the bike.
cheers Plu
That's some solid training when you manage to get it in. It will be good to see you at 6 Foot.
Post a Comment