Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Do not add water!

After the semi success of the 10km at Saturday I have slothed around the house watching/listening to the rain tumble down outside. My blouse like excuse was with seemingly the cold that I had dissipating the last thing I needed to do was go out running in the rain for a couple of hours!

This morning, no such excuse so I headed up to the oval for a recovery style run just to tick the legs over for a while. Probably tomorrow night I will still do summer series but then that will be about it.

Planning for Saturday is pretty much complete, I've briefed my support crew and collated most of the provisions that I can think I would need, probably too much actually, or enough to actually do the 100 mile but we won't go there!

In looking through the split times last year and also reading the various race reports I can honestly say I have no idea as to what split times I will do. It is going to be a case of lets just see what the day brings!

12 comments:

Gronk said...

Wishing you good running in fine weather for GNW mate. All the best. :)

2P said...

With what little experience I have - my only suggestion would be to look after yourself right from the start - even if that means having a break after the first 20 or 30 mins.

Looking good mate ;-)

Ewen said...

If it fines up, with the dust settled, it should be perfect.

Superflake said...

Good luck Dave. Looks like fine weather now for the day, hope it doesn't get too hot later.

Horrie said...

Dave, don't worry about times or splits. Just start out slowly and enjoy the journey. It is an amazing experience watching the day unfold. You will always remember the experience. See you at dinner on Friday night.

Bernie G said...

I'm excited for you. I cann't wait to see you out on the track.

miners said...

perfect time for it to rain really - just keep resting those dogs for a few more days mate.

Hey, and congrats on the great 10k on the weekend. Tess will be into you about your tapering strategy, but that was a great hit-out!

Gnscon said...

Forget about what Horrie said, what would he know about Ultras. Always start out fast and then pick it up from there.

Jen said...

Good luck & most importantly - enjoy it!

Spud said...

All the best for the weekend Dave, see you at the start line on Saturday morning, should be a grand adventure. ;-)

Will the Frenchman said...

Good luck Dave, I'm sure you finish it in one piece...Just start slowly I guess.

Bennyr said...

Have a great run, Dave.

I look forward to reading your report.

Cheers,
Ben