A few days rest to let the blisters settle down and also seek some advice on the lingering piriformis/hammie/sciatic issue I have been having without the analysis being complicated by fatigued muscles.
A bit of a struggle to get out of bed, but the thought of Horrie and Professor regularly knocking over PB's somehow had a strange influence on seeing me headed out the door :)
Back down to my favorite spot in LCNP for some serious 1km intervals and assess if there was any improvement since the last set a month ago (average of 6 @ 4:01 with 2:00 standing rest).
The first rep is always a challenge and I just slipped under 4:00. I decided to abbreviate the standing rest back to 90 seconds and really hammered out the 2nd rep, no doubt enthused by having to chase another runner who had run past while I was gasping for air/recovering. To my amazement I posted a 3:45!
The subsequent reps were pretty consistent and so the whole session looked like
3:59, 3:45, 3:53, 3:51, 3:54 and 3:53
This equated to an average of 3:52.5 with average recovery of 1:30.5 so a reasonable improvement, but more to come.....
5 comments:
Getting some pace back Dave. Keep it going mate.
Good to see that I'm helping you get out of bed. A few more sessions like that will have you nipping on my heels in no time. Actually, by the time I get back from Western States, I will probably be back chasing you again.
Bloody hell Dave, I've been working on the reps for a while now and I'm still only doing 5 in 3:45's with a 2 min recovery...when you get fired up theres no stopping you!
Glad Horrie and I are moving you in the right direction...your bills in the post! See you Saturday, and looking forward to SMH too
Prof
You obviously have a lot of natural speed Dave to be able to pull off reps like that. Great stuff mate.
Wow that is a great improvement - well done Dave.
Post a Comment