So another Sunday and another attempt at climatisation. The Saturday night/Sunday morning was very uncomfortable and for a little while I thought about not running but headed out anyway! (starting a bit earlier to try and avoid the heat)
This time I decided to explore down the Kallang River (canal) rather than up. The goal was also to run a "bit" longer than the last 2 weeks. As usual exploring sees a little bit of navigational challenge in identifying the best route and I encountered a few sets of stairs, but in general fairly good pretty flat running along a bike path. I kept going all the way to the ECP (East Coast Parkway) overpass into the Marina Bay area of Singapore. This is where next year's F1 Grand Prix will be held under lights.
I am noticing a disturbing trend in the extreme lack of available water refill points and will certainly have to plan my routes very carefully going forward. Coming back I adjusted the route slightly to eliminate a few of the sets of stairs and this worked well.
So the stats
Start weight 82.4kg, finish weight 80.2kg, loss of 2.2kg!!!
Distance 17.8km
Time 1:46
Avg Pace 5:57
Avg HR 166 (interesting as this is down quite a bit over the previous 2 runs)
Tough going but I think it is getting a little easier????
6 comments:
Nice one Dave - you might have to break out the Camelbak!
Chipping off 2.2kg must help ;)
I thought you'd be used to running stairs coming from Sydney. That F1 race will be amazing. I wonder how much the hotel rooms overlooking the track are going for?
Hope Singapore is treating you and the family well Dave. I have always found running when in SE Asia virtually impossible so I think you are travelling very well!
If you are coming home at Christmas we will be up the coast, would love to catch up if you can find time. Let us know.
Best wishes and keep up the early mornings in Singapore, you will kick our soft arses on return!
cheers
Nick
2.2kg is ugly! Looks like a very large camelback is in order :-)
Glad you are still blogging - how about a few photos of the regular course for those of us who have not been there?
Might be time to use that water bottle gripper you got a few months ago - I think it was you I got the link from.
cheers MArtin
It sounds as though you are acclimatising Dave. Sounds like tough going to me. I wouldn't tempt such a run without a camelbak. But you know me and my hydration issues.
Post a Comment