Monday, December 22, 2008

A new beginning!

Well, we are back in Australia and staying at what I am calling T2 (which our triathlon familiar readers will know as transition zone 2).

To celebrate I went out for a run on Sunday morning to clear the cobwebs and jetlag. it was not until afterwards that I realised it was exactly 3 months since I last ran, which was at the Sydney Half Marathon.

Our temporary digs are at St Leonards and so I mapped out in my head an abbreviated Harbourside Hike STaR. What a great morning running on bush tracks on the edge of teh harbour as I revisited Berry Island and Balls Head.

The whole body is sore today but you have to start somewhere. The scales, along with 99% of our worldly possessions are in a 40' container somewhere between Singapore and Sydney but before I left a quick weigh in saw 86kg on the dial.

The motivation is high to use the return to Oz to also return to running and it was a pleasure to finish a run without feeling like I had actually been swimming instead!

Lots of plans but the immediate goals are to regain some endurance and reduce weight with a consistent training program. I am really hanging out to actually move to our final location, East Killara, right on the edge of the bush and am already mapping out numerous running and mounatin biking routes through Garrigal Park in the upper reaches of Middle Harbour, looks like some really good bush trails with lots of hills, hmm I wonder what that would be good for :)

One last purchase before I left Singapore I revisited an outlet and purchased a pair of Brooks Cascadia's at a "dirt cheap price"!



I wonder what these will be good for, I think there is a theme developing here :)

4 comments:

Superflake said...

Looks like Horries Toucans in a trail shoe. So I guess we will see you at Quarry Rd this Sunday.
Welcome back Dave.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the Land of Oz.

TA and the Gnome said...

Welcome back. See you soon!

miners said...

welcome back big(!) fella (nothing wrong with 85kg+ though mate ;)

T2 - lol