Jen, yes TNF100 is the next "major" event I am aiming for and am already planning and prepping for this.
Ewen, sorry I missed you as well, I was wondering at one point when I'd see you on Black Range. In looking back I dont think I overcooked it down to the river, I had the benefit of a clear descent down Nellies, which I reckon probably makes for at least 5 minutes of clear running to the river. I am now pretty sure that it was the sports drink that affected me and will make alternative plans for next year to avoid any repeat episode.
I took it easy last week, a massage on Wednesday was very beneficial but I was also dealing with the after effects of the crook guts and as such I did not run at all until Sunday where I did the North Head STaR. Felt very good until around 25km where I started to fade in the legs. A great scenic run and good stepping stone back into getting going in March with an eye on TNF.
So I splashed out on the package that Marathon Photos were offering. It would be a worry if I did not have anything on under the skirt as it certainly flapped around a lot!

This is at the bottom on the firetrail at Nellies before the staircase, as you can see I was very much in the clear!

Halfway down the stairs and some had started to catch up with me

The river crossing was not that high this year and no grit in the shoes, must have been the dirty girl gaiters!

This is where I told the "crew" to wait, it is the last little rise after the long rocky downhill before you then get on the paved section to the finish.

Running it out all the way to the line, I think that is a smile, not a grimace!
3 comments:
Gee, you did get a good start! I had the usual wait at the top of the stairs for the line to get moving. Glad I wasn't in the same wave or I might have been tempted to chase you to the river.
Good photos (except for the skirt). I may buy some myself as I actually look like I'm running in one of them.
Good luck with the TNF 100 prep.
Great pics! Pink is your colour :)
Meant to say ... TNF - yikes!!
Post a Comment