So with Six Foot now only 13 days away I am really done in terms of any specific training that will make a big difference on the day.
I am very pleased with the way I have applied myself in February, with the goal of focus on a long run every week but not trying to go crazy during the week given my lack of a solid base.
The end result is that I ran just under 270km in February, on the back of 140km in January, only 30km in December and then nothing for October and November!
I have managed to drop around 3-4kg but have actually lost about an inch around my waist.
Also had a crack at the CR 5km challenge on Saturday to try and benchmark my speed over 5km. It is close to two and a half years since I last did the CR 5km. Was also very encouraged to post a 20:33, running by myself and fading in the last Km.
The signs are all good, I think I need about 2-3 more months of similar consistency to knock off the extra weight I am still carrying. I have a number of events in mind to keep me focussed, mostly dark side/longer stuff.
Finally for those not watching CR closely I am also involved in 2 side events at Six Foot. The first is the beer bet which is dependent upon me being slotted in for wave 2. I have no real hope of winnign at all, but I will enjoy drinking the beers at the finish!
The second is that I am running in a pink skirt to raise money for the McGrath foundation. If anyone is interested in sponsoring me please let me know, it is a very good cause!!
All the numbers over there ======> have been updated
4 comments:
So you're looking at a big PB at Six Foot then. I reckon 5:30 for you.
Consistency in your training has incredible payoffs, doesn't it? Now I just gotta find me some :-)
Seriously, very pleased for you and your prep.
In a strange, perhaps sick way, I'm looking forward to the start line photo of all the pink skirts!
One of many pink skirts? I hope you're wearing the gaiters so I can spot you. Pink ones?
20:33 would have me buying beers for all!
Best of luck on Saturday Dave. In a strange way, I can't wait to see you in a pink skirt, lol!
Post a Comment