Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Last serious hit out

Getting down to the line now....

Was going to head to the Bay for this session but instead opted for my local run down to the weir and back. A nice 4km warmup and then 3km @ just below target Marathon Pace, a little harder given the undulations and turns @ Lane Cove. Then a warm down on the way home. Felt a little awkward and was a little inconsistent at pacing but in all not too bad.

Just after I finished the MP section I saw Mr G headed down towards the weir.

A minor concern on adductor, a little tender still from Saturday, will focus on ice and NSAID for the next day or so.

That is pretty much it, maybe a 5km lite stretch out on Fri/Sat. Getting ready for loading up on carbos and reducing alcohol intake for the next couple of days.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Few moments to spare before I head off to Orange for work. Wanted to wish you the best for Canberra. Hope you have a dream run! I look forward to the race report!

Bennyr said...

Dave, anyone who attempts the Six Foot - Canberra double scores instant respect with me. Good luck on Sunday. May all of your niggles just bugger off to let you have an excellent run.

Anonymous said...

O Runner, I hope that you have an absolute belter on Sunday mate!

I have just finished reading your blogs, and know you will rip 3.10 apart!

See you there on Saturday, and of course Sunday, go you good thing!

GRIFFIN

Horrie said...

Good luck Dave on Sunday. You are primed for a great run. See you tomorrow in Canberra.

Spud said...

Dave,

You have certainly hit form at the right time, all the best for Sunday, see you tomorrow.

Ewen said...

Dave, that was a good 10k in the Domain. The only worry we have is the weather could be a tad warm. It was really spring-like this morning... T-shirt weather.

I'll see you Sunday morning. griffin, I hope your injuries allow you to run as well as you have been on the track this past summer!