
Thanks to Tiger Angel for a great picture at pretty much the 40km mark. Certainly looking better than I was feeling :)
Final thoughts....
Positives
Given the prep in last 2 months a decent time
Another marathon under the belt
Somewhat of a redemption run after 6ft and Canberra last year
Lots of upside if I ever get my act together
Seemingly emerged injury free
Negatives
Slack training February and March
My first marathon is still my fastest
No more introspection, a bit of a break with the family which will include a few rides and also recovery runs so I am ready and fresh to work on speed.
12 comments:
Dave
Great effort considered. You have a brilliant base under your belt now. Bad prep or not you have had 2 extremely solid runs. Dont do anything silly for the next 3 weeks, just enjoy your running and then start to up the ante. I think sub 40 is a given. Just dont blow it by pushing too hard too early. Let your legs recover and reap the benefits. Catch up soon, hopefully running.
Good going Dave considering the pitfalls you managed.
I can't even comprehend that distance so in my book all you marathoners are legends.
ps are you thinking of next rogaine Paddy Palin in june?
Take it easy R2B
You had a much better race than last year Dave. You should have the necessary mileage to have a go at SMH. Just need a bit more speed to break the PB.
How could you not run fast with those RED shoes on???
I suspect you feel much the same way about Canberra as I did about Six Foot this year.... our time will come....
If you can put in a solid performance on a patchy preparation imagine how good it is going to be when it all comes together ;-)
Belated congratulations Dave on Canberra. Not easy to back up to Canberra after 6'.
I don't usually offer gratuitous advice on what to do with your (running) life, but seems you're a popular guy to offer advice to. So you've probably nailed it by focusing on speed next. Then that sub 40 10km has to fall very soon.
It seems the positives out weigh the negatives.
Hey Dave!!
What a fantastic weekend! Thanks for your support and encouragement before the run :-)
Great photo too!!
See you soon :-)
Lookin' good Dave.
Seems like you've taken a few positives out of that run.
Cheers,
Ben
Great photo! I'll have your name right when next we meet! Thanks for all your help on Sunday....& just being there!
Dave, I must apologise for saying "you look like you're hurting" when we crossed out on the road to Black Mtn. It might have been true, but it wasn't the most inpired bit of encouragement I could have offered... :-(
Thanks for the encouragement & advice you've given me over the last few months. It's been much appreciated!
Congrats on your run.
Gnome
I love your attitude towards running and racing Dave - its so optimisitic and always highlights the positives.
Might see you on the start line in Sydney if not sooner :-)
hey dave, i don't know why you wore that fur coat during the race...probably made it a tad warm for you (says the guy that has a 5 o'clock shadow by 9am). =)
Post a Comment