I originally had today scheduled for a recovery run after the hill reps yesterday but with a late night for work stuff slept in so decided I was going to run in the evening. As it happens through the day at work it became obvious that I would wipe out all of tomorrow with a same day work trip to Melbourne and so decided to adjust the plan.
So the new run planned was now a "tempo" run to the weir and back. Given it was dark already I geared up, finally being able to use my christmas nike arm band light and given the park would be pretty quiet decided to wheel out the shuffle as well.
A very good pace on the way down but the Garmin had coniptions, reeling off a batch of auto km all of a sudden in 100m! That really screwed up my pace monitoring so I just focussed on form and climbing hard back up scribbly.
Back home in what was a new fastest time for the route
Stats
Distance 11.1km
Time 50:45
Avg Pace 4:34
Avg HR 174
Started to struggle just near the end but pretty happy with the run, a slight niggle on the rh heel/lower achilles so have iced and used nurofen gel.
An enforced rest day tomorrow with a easy run on Friday as I prepare to start my first Athletics NSW race on Saturday in the Novice 10km cross country. Yikes!
5 comments:
Nice work. I've got to get one of those cool flashing things.
Good luck on Saturday!
Best of luck on Saturday Dave !
10k is a long x-country. Good luck!
Good luck for your ANSW debut Dave. I am sure you will run well.
Looking forward to hearing how you went on Saturday Dave.
Post a Comment