Thanks for the reminder Jen ;)
Another tale of woe this week....
More work, more hassles, less running, but hey I am still breathing so things aren't that bad!
No running at all since the 10 Bridges Star, I was aiming for the Short Course XC race at Bankstown on Saturday for a run. Pressed a little for time I opted to get to the event via the freeway route, ie Gore Hill, Harbour Tunnel, East Dist, M5 East and then M5. Of course everything came unstuck due to the semi that decided to break down in the M5 east and after 30 minutes examining the inticate detail of the M5 east tunnel construction I arrived about 2 minutes after the start. Decided to hang around and cheer people on but this turn of events just made a pretty crap week very complete.
Until Sunday that is....
Now I was going to run KOM as per previous post but given everything it was much more judicious to just pop around the corner for the star.
A good pep talk to the masses at 6am and then 6:10am about running together and we charged off into the mist. The words seemed to have an effect as everyone was very well behaved, oh the power :).
At about 15km all the groups seemed to catch each other at the same time and ours got a little disjointed which saw half of us chasing the other half. During the loop around Concord Golf Club I started to feel the pinch and I bade my CR running buddies, sfGnome, Johnny Dark and Professor a slow good bye as I then ground it out back home. In reality the run was not too bad but my lack of training, plus the late tdf nights plus, plus, plus took their toll.
Very heavy rain this morning was enough to ignore the alarm and tomorrow I'm on a day trip to Melbourne so more rest.
The challenge is to break this downward spiral which is becoming increasingly demotivating and not too much time to crack that given the looming runs coming up.
Sorry folks, nothing too exciting here and pretty small fry to what some other bloggers and CR's seem to be going through, I'll try and give myself a few uppercuts which might make a difference.
8 comments:
You're welcome. Hope life settles down for both of us soon
was only just noticing what sort of August you've set yourself! Glad the training's going well for you Dave, even through the busy hiccups. Look forward to catching up with you to see which "old" jumper you're going to toss away at C2S this year :)
You just need the kiss of death so you can get a new rider for your tdf team. Oh hang on your leading the kom points. See you at Sutho.
All things must pass Dave, all things must pass. You'll have time (and the weather) to run again soon enough :-)
Gnome
Hang in there Dave. Things will pick up. It could be much worse. You could be biomechanically faulty. :)
You are doing a sterling job with TdeF, not to mention striders.
I was wondering what you were doing at Bankstown watching from the stands. It was muddy and crappy out there, so you did yourself a favour missing it.
Good luck with getting out for a run this week.
LOL can you take a breath for me next time you break the surface?
Hope it gets a little saner for you soon mate.
Just your friendly weekly reminder Dave :-)
Post a Comment