Up for a much better breather this time and yes I am still alive.
What a shocker of a month. The first couple of weeks already blogged about and I headed down to Sutherland for the mostly downhill dash to Wanda with not a lot of running in the legs. Parked the car at Miranda to ensure a bit of a warm up and ran into Nando on the way to the start. The start was quite promising belting out 3km in 11:16 and 5km in 19:47, from here however the wheels slowly fell off and the pace followed. A procession of Striders and CR then proceeded to put me to the sword as I bumbled along the rest of the way, ending up with a time of 48:56, about 4 minutes slower than last year.
As penance I still ran back but it felt very ordinary, so total time of 1:54 for 22km.
From there no running for the rest of the month with yet another work trip, this time to Malaysia and Singapore with long working hours supplemented with "team building dinner and drinks etc". So in the end July was tragic with only 5 runs for a total of 96km!!! To add to that I have not even gone near the scales as the diet has also been pretty crappy.
So the plan for Sydney has imploded, to the point that I did not even feel enthused to run the Striders 10km in the pouring rain today, prefering to volunteer on marshaling etc.
Tomorrow needs to be the start of a new leaf and what better way to do so than the great Airport Adventure STaR!!!
I'll look to revamp the tables to the right to reflect reality and sift through the ashes to develop some sort of plan of action to fixate upon.
7 comments:
Sounds like you are as happy to see August as me. Looking forward to hearing about the plan of action - and stay away from the scales for a while ;-)
Dave, just try and get back to basics. Don't put too much pressure on yourself re pace. Just get the legs used to running again. If you can do that, things will flow from there. See you at the STaR tomorrow.
Well Dave, if you are going to pick a month to take it easy and not run much July, being the middle of winter, has to be a great choice!
Hello August :-)
You guys run a tight ship at striders i was impressed with the organisation in the rain,well done.
Sydney half is always good if you have missed a lot of training.
Malaysia and Singapore in the one month. I wouldnt be too hard on yourself, I would give up a few runs to for that kind of opportunity.
Sounds like it can only get better from here! Hang in there Dave!
Post a Comment