Friday, August 25, 2006

Ho hum

Day 20

Across the road for the jaunt around the park as my one day taper for Willy to Billy. Alas the shuffle had run out of battery and so I had nothing to keep me company doing the laps. This was soon rectified with the arrival of a galah who proceeded to search for worms as I continued lapping. He had no issue with watching me run past as he found brekkie.

The actual run was not too bad, a little tight in the adductors after yesterday but that ironed out after about 10 minutes. Achilles is still inflamed but certainly seems manageable.

So to Willy to Billy.....

The idea is to use it as a long tempo run rather than a pure race. Last year I did it in about 3:02 but faded in the last 10km. This year, I'll try and take it out a little slower and see how much is left in the tank when I hit the long down and up at the end.

5 comments:

Ellie80 said...

good luck for tomorrow dave - i reckon you'll have a blinder after all this great training. hope that the achilles behaves for you and i'll look forward to the post race report!

miners said...

yeah - i think the 3 hours will be sliding past as you're well into your 4th or 5th quarter of orange this year mate. Best of luck for it :)

Superflake said...

Good luck with your 'non race' Dave. Hope you have a good one.

TA and the Gnome said...

This is a bit radical, isn't it? Actually starting a race at the pace you intend to finish... :-) Betcha have a beauty!

Gnome

Anonymous said...

looking forward to the detailed race story with plenty of exictment, tension, highs and lows. :-)