Friday, August 18, 2006

Lunch hour rush

Day 13

A terrible night last night with #2 and the wife at RNSH until 2 in the morning with a temperature (#2) that would not come down, but all seems ok now. So a bit of a sleep in this morning. Determined not to scrap a day of running I packed the kit with the goal of getting out during the day at work.

Close to 1pm I slipped out, the Garmin struggled big time to get a good lock and so was all over the place as I could not be bothered loitering around waiting for it to get it's act together. Headed across teh Harbour Bridge and then down by the Opera House to Lady Macquaries chair and up to the Art Gallery. Certainly Clairie winter is gone and I was sweating like, well a runner in a ninja suit :)

A hard push back up to the bridge dodging the tourists and then arriving back in North Sydney. Thankfully a bit of playing around in SportsTracks enabled me to get a decent gps track. I deliberately ran this in a tempo style and was really starting to feel it climbing back up the bridge and into North Sydney.

Icing the achilles tonight as it was not as happy about things as it was yesterday, ho hum!

Stats
Distance : 14.1km
Time 1:06:04
Avg Pace : 4:42
Avg HR 171

No comments: