Tuesday, October 11, 2005

2 posts in 2 days!

Yes a new record for recent times.

Felt very average yesterday afternoon, tired and it seemed on the verge of a sore throat etc. Sleep was not good last night, our 2yo who had his first full day of day care went to sleep at 6:30pm and so at 5am this morning was full of beans while I was still trying to catch up on the lost sleep from last week.

Could not be bothered to go out for a run, the legs have pulled up ok, the niggles that started to surface have gone away so it seems easing up when I did was the right idea. Hammies are both a little tight but I'll call that DOMS.

Given the plans for the week end with the 24 hour Rogaine I'll do a few short runs but nothing too intense.

Might also have to do a rethink of the rest of the year after this weekend, the calendar is looking pretty full and work seems to be getting busier. I've sort of enjoyed the last month post Sydney of "cruising" but the program I drew up has gone to waste and I'm not sure how I'll fit all of the different committments looming in.

3 comments:

miners said...

Best of luck with the big one on the weekend - would be fun to try one day. Hope everything goes to plan as well as everything did @ Sydney mate

silverfox said...

Dave

I really empathise with you re traing and work and home. My only advice is to make sure when it gets feral at work, you just say f#$% it, i am going to run for half an hour 3 times this week whether x gets done or not. Make the time, it is very good for your sanity and deadlines and jobs somehow still get met!

Catch you soon mate, best of luck for the 24 hr rogaining event, sounds like the last week was spent acclimitising to the sleep deprivation!

2P said...

Good luck for the 24 hour *yawn* I get tired just thinking about it!