Yep, not much blogging as we packed the family up and headed down to Kangaroo Valley with 3 other families for the long weekend.
A brilliant time had by all, BBQ's, out door log fires and the kids ran themselves ragged.
I did manage to get out for a run Saturday and Sunday afternoon and clocked up 10 and 16km respectively. The cabins we stayed at are on the road out to a dam, and not far from where the Shoalhaven KOM run comes through.
The actual runs were pretty tough with pretty much all up hill and on the Sunday battling into a warm westerly was tough. However that then makes for a nice negative split coming home. Overall on the weekend though I think I drank a heap more proportionally than I ran :)
Stats
10.1km in 48:20 (4:46min/km & 167 avg hr)
16.1km in 1:19:55 (4:57min/km & 170 avg hr)
Felt pretty good, even in the heat and I think the body has just about recovered after Sydney now. Interesting to see the results from the Striders 10km race on Saturday with quite a few people obviously still also recovering. Makes me happier about my 41:35 at SMC the week before.
A very disrupted week looming due to work, flying to Christchurch and then onto Melbourne, not getting home until Saturday. So no riding but hopefully I'll be able to slip a couple of runs in.
Speaking of riding I forgot to blog that I did a ride with Aunty K and Truckie on Thursday afternoon. Good value zipping around Olympic Park and hopefully passing on a few ideas/thoughts that I have managed to accumulate from my cycling days.
2 comments:
Hi Dave
Good grief it's a long blog. Good work. Not being a runner means not a lot for me here, but I read with interest for news of children and pets.
Glad you had such a great weekend Dave (and I'm very glad blogger is working again so I can actually leave you a comment too!)
Hope you're back into the riding again soon after all your jet-setting - you don't want to be shown up down at Canberra do you? ;)
Post a Comment