Monday - generally pulled up ok after a good sleep. Had a massage to try an loosen up the tight spots and went to a new guy in North Sydney who was very good. Combining Shiatsu and sports massage he gave me a very good work over.
Tuesday - was planning to do a short recovery run this morning but the back of the legs behind the knees are still extremely tight. Not sure if it is muscular (DOMs), tendonitis, or a combination of both. Have worked out that it is not only from a higher leg lift running in the bush but also thinking about it I twist/splay the legs outwards at the same time for better clearance. For sure I am activating some muscles in a different direction to normal.
Something to think about next time I am out there, not sure how I can train for this other than more bush running. Given my time in the immediate future will not be spent running through the bush but on roads or trails I think I'll leave it for now.
Summer Series tomorrow on a new map at Lindfield, around MPHaz's 'hood so I expect we'll be shuffling up and down the sloped between Lady Game Drive and the Pacific Highway.
2 comments:
Dave, I'll put a table and some beers out for you! :)
Geez your keen Dave - heading for the hills around Lindfield after the weekend effort - Martin table and beers sounds good :-)
Post a Comment