Thursday, November 24, 2005

Summer Series @ Lindfield

A new map, which always makes for a level playing field. As I suspected after a quick review of the map, quite a bit of up and down and also a bit of bush that I did not know existed.

Quickly realised the lot was not a possibility and ruled out a couple of groups of controls that would have sucked up a bit of time. Was interested to see how the legs would hold up, still some residual stiffness in the outer lower hammies, but much better than yesterday.

A quick loop through a few controls close to the start and then through teh bush section. Each of the controls here were not too bad. Then towards the UTS campus, but I did not venture all the way to where there were a couple of controls on the other side of the campus near the bush. Along and up towards the highway and another set of parks before zig zagging parallel to the highway all the way to behind Lindfield shops. Then back down the slope towards the finish. Actually got to a control not far from the finish right on 45 minutes but added another 50 points through a little loop and got back 4 minutes late so the loop was a good idea.

All up my score was 500 and for a while this was the best, a couple of faster guys came in in front towards the end though and I probably ended up around 4th. Highest score was 550 so I was pretty pleased.

Caught up with seagull (who I again managed to beat by around 20 points!), Hefty and I am sure I saw Running Nicho out there was well.

Very happy with the run, both route selection, navigation and how the legs actually went. Legs feel fresh today but will do a recovery run tonight.

Stats: 8.7km in 49:27, avg pace of 5:40 min/km and avg HR of 175.

1 comment:

2P said...

Wow - 4th! Very nice :-)