Tuesday - Another struggle to get up and so no run :(.
Through the day I swapped emails with a few likely suspects re 6 ft training and the suggestions of running 4:30 eeek! So after a business meeting in the afternoon I headed home, did some work from home until the family arrived, preped teh kids dinner and then laced up the shoes and headed out.
Did my usual down to Lane Cove Weir, where I ran into Jim and the Lane Cover River Runners (who I completely forgot about). Had a quick chat with Jim but opted out of runnign with them the fast guys would have been a bit too much given I was aiming for 15km and racing summer series Wednesday but Jim and his group would have been a bit too slow also. Really focused on pushing the effort on the hills and popped out on Lane Cove Road at the top of the hill and back home via Cox's Road, starting to tire but holding sub 5min/km pace.
Finished with 14.5km in 1:10 (4:50 avg pace and avg HR of 167), a pretty good workout and soon I'll add in another hill towards the end.
Summer Series tonight at Blackman PArk where I have run quite often so hopefully should be a good run/score.
From there on in it is December and the true start of my regime. For reference the new "accurate" scales I got say that I am 78.9kg at the moment. Already have made the conscious decision to dramatically reduce my alcohol intake, especially during the week. Usually I had a couple of glasses of wine most nights, now nothing at all unless I am out at dinner etc. Christmas/December will be a challenge, but even more the reason not to drink if I am at home. That coupled with healthier eating and intense training and it should be interesting to see how much comes off, I'm thinking at least 5kg!
4 comments:
There will be nothing left of you!
Have fun in Singapore. I've wave a pom-pom for you in the hope that you were able to sweet talk the officials into letting you run!
Good luck on the weight loss side! I think that is often the hardest part of training.
Enjoy Singapore and smile sweetly for that race place :-)
TA
4.30!!!! Geez Dave - that is flying for 6'.
I'm shooting for 5.30 :-)
5kg!!! Wow Dave there goes that sexy butt.....
That is a lot but I do agree - the reduced alcohol will reduce your weight somewhat - ensuring of course that you don't replace it with fruit juice or other calorie loaded drinks.
How did you go on Tuesday Night?
Post a Comment