Thursday, December 01, 2005

Summer Series - Blackman Park

A tough run last year and after a quick look at the map it would be no different. Spent quite a while trying to work out a good route which in itself is a good indication of a well set map. Finally headed off and opted to climb straight up to the industrial area, pick up a few points and then down to the bush along Lane Cove River. The fast climb left me a little breathless but I soon settled down through the bush section with a number of other runners following a similar route. A climb back up to pick up some more points and then zig zagging through Lane Cove West all the way to Centennial Avenue and then along here towards River Road. Another quick section of bush and back just one minute late for 480 points. A real tough run and in hindsight I could have done better with my route selection Seagull pipped me by 10 points, well done, but not many others had bettered his score when I left.

Stats 7.9km in 45.34 (avg pace 5:46 and HR 174).

Thanks to all who commented, I think 5kg is realistic, especially since I have put one or two back on since Sydney. Clairie, I'm replacing the grog with low cal cordial, or water, hopefully that will still make a difference. I'm in the airport lounge waiting to board for Singapore, a few runs in the humidity will keep me honest!

5 comments:

2P said...

You know Carlton put out a low carb drop call Blonde.

Must try one of these summer series events ;-)

Tesso said...

A few runs in the humidity and you'll probably lose that 5kg!

Have fun over there.

J'Og said...

i keep boggling at your 'summer series' posts since we're firing up the heater every morning here.

really enjoy hearing about these events.

Anonymous said...

Seagull here

Thanks, after my Lindfield route choice (and my cliften gardens route choice) I figured I had to put a bit more thinking into it!

Now, run along the vegetation edge, line up with the fence end, keep the rock on my left, 'spike' the gully....*Arrrgh*

Katie said...

Enjoy singapore! I hate the humidity. Good luck with the 5kg :-)