What a hectic couple of days!
Sunday (Xmas) - No way I was going to get a run in today with Santa calling in and 3 excited kids then hauling up to the in laws for a great seafood lunch and hoping in and out of the pool as required to combat the very warm day. This Christmas was designated by the wife as only 1 running related present allowed so I opted for a smaller Camelbak Altera to use for my longer training runs instead of a bottle bum bag that I have now. I did manage to score another running gift from my parents in the form of a Nike Electrolite (for when the days get shorter again...).
Monday (Boxing day) - Headed out for a medium/long style run early in the morning before my family arrived for Christmas II at our place. It was quite warm but a good hit out as well.
Stats 17.6km in 1:27:41 (avg pace 4:58)
Tuesday (#3 Birthday) - Again a day that it was going to be hard to get out for a run with our youngest's thirrd birthday. A early start followed by shopping/prep for afternoon tea that would stretch on into drinks etc, last guest leaving at around midnight. Had great fun playing Buzz and Singstar on the newish Playstation 2.
Wednesday - A little dusty after the night before and prefered the lounge for extended periods after the busy last few days rather than lacing up the shoes for a run.
Thursday - Decided on another longer run today. The course included my usual jaunt down to the Lane Cove National Park Weir, followed by meandering up the valley to Macquarie Centre and then across to Quarry Rd and then home, with the nice/nasty addition of a climb back up Pittwater Road for a km right at the end of the run. I was contemplating (as you do) this run and how the third 5km (ie 10-15km) always seems a grind. In analysing the Garmin data I now know why as it is a constant climb through this 5km section. Quite warm by the time I finished in a lather of sweat. The godd thing is I seem to have avoided any weight gain, despite overindulging a little in the last few days.
Stats - 21km in 1:44:08 (avg pace 4:58)
Plans for the rest of the week include a recovery run tomorrow with potentially a last 5km race of the year on Saturday for the Cool Running 5km challenge at the bay. On Sunday I'll see in the New Year with the Black Stump Bush Run, on what it sounds like will be another warm day....
4 comments:
well done for getting any runs in over this busy time!!! I have done very little since christmas day :-( Time to crack the whip!
Hey Dave - the stuff down the RHS looks fine - but I cant tell if something is missing... Have you fixed it? Great going with those longish runs. I have been finding it very hard - particularly witha bit of heat. I like the Nike wrist band - may have to slip into the shops soon while Mrs Wm isn't looking!
A couple of decent runs mixed in with the festivities Dave. I'm not surprised that you are not putting on weight when you are knocking runs like that out in this weather. You will be flying when the weather gets a bit cooler.
merry christmas, dave! ugh...i don't know what i'd do if i could only get one running gift. everyone got me gift cards to the local running shop!
Post a Comment