Monday, December 19, 2005

Bay run with a difference

The difference being that the aforementioned bay is actually Port Phillip Bay as I am in Melbourne for work. A while ago Wobbly Man suggested a nice flat run for a recovery run if I was in Melbourne. No time like the present so out this evening. The course follows a tram line to the bay, starting near the casino and finishing at the Tasmania Ferry terminal. It is indeed flat and on a bike path quite removed from traffic, only crossing about 3-4 streets.

The legs were very sluggish to get going, the shins in particular a bit tender after the bashing I gave them yesterday in the lighter racing shoes. Once warmed up however it was not too bad, a very cruisy 8km.

Stats
Distance : 8km
Time : 43:39
Avg pace : 5:27
Avg HR : 146

No comments: