Yep, back in the bleak city (aka Melbourne) but I decided to pull the finger out and run tonight, opting for some street O given my recent poor nav efforts on Wednesday nights. A real scramble to get there on time failed and I ended up starting a few minutes after the actual start. For those Syndey Summer Series runners, the Melbourne Street O is a little different with a mass start and only getting to view the map after the start. There are 4 grades available to choose from and 20 controls on offer. A grade have to visit 19 of the 20 controls which are orienteering punches mounted on a metal plate and padlocked to the control, typically a power pole. So I headed off, trying to tuck my money away, pick a route, warm up, stretch etc etc....
I soon got into the swing of things and had a good workout, route is below.

Stats
Distance : 9.8km
Time : 48:05
Avg pace : 4:55
Avg HR : 168.
Felt pretty good striding out, a little residual stiffness still in LH glute/hammie.
1 comment:
With the Street O's do you find local residents peering out of their windows and doors watching all these crazy people?
Post a Comment