Sunday, February 26, 2006

2 weeks to go!

Thursday

Another early start for work and packed schedule so no run (lets call it a rest day!)

Friday

Missed the morning but got out in the afternoon for a jaunt down to the weir and back. Despite it being quite warm I felt good and went out a bit faster than usual. Got to the turnaround in a decent time and kept it going coming home.

Stats
Distance : 11km
Time : 48:59
Avg Pace : 4:25
Avg HR : 166

My fastest time for this run and I was still not going 100%!

Sunday

Planned for a flatter, faster and slightly shorter run than normal for some sort of taper. Another good group for 6:10 and we weaved through the back streets of Birchgrove and Balmain before moving through Leichhardt towards Enmore/Stanmore. I departed from the bunch shortly after leaving them to do 30km. After here I decided to up the pace a little and sat on sub 5:00 min/km pace all the way back.

Another pleasing run, still some tightness in the LH hammie though.

Stats
Distance : 23.3km
Time : 1:55:50
Avg Pace : 4:58 min/km
Avg HR : 157

As I joked today I am now tapering from my taper (middle of Feb was a shocker!)

3 comments:

2P said...

LOL Dave - it is important to be fresh and rested.... me I'm calling mine an "accelerated taper"!

Katie said...

Hey!! I meant to say Hi on sunday... but I only saw you briefly! YOu are looking very slim.... so you must be doing some training ;-)

The big countdown now... getting exciting!

Jen said...

Wow, it's getting close isn't it!

I'm so sorry I haven't dropped by lately. Will definitely say hi next weekend :-)