Life is still pretty hectic and so that, coupled with my extended taper means not a lot of running but any done has been intense!
Wednesday Summer Series
This one was in my 'hood and so I did a warmup run over to the start. A nasty little layout with 100 points down in Field of Mars and Buffalo Creek with a climb out and the rest spread out. I opted for the spread out option and took off. Was running pretty well and then had a brain spasm while navigating through the old hospital in Ryde Common, luckily I saw seagull coming the other way so tailed in behind him to nab the control before heading off in different directions. I picked up 500 points but was back late and lost 70 points for a net of 430.
Stats
Distance : 10km
Time : 51:38
Avg Pace : 5:08
Avg HR : 172
The hammie/glut was still playing up a little so I got a massage on Friday afternoon. Tried a new masseur and she was very good, broke up the knots in my piriformis very well!
Saturday - Striders 10km, Homebush
Felt a little dusty this morning, getting over to the start while it was still dark to help set up. Another great turn out and before long Richard had sent us off. I loitered about 5m behind Blue Dog and Colin initially while Action (40 min pacer) was just another 5m in front again. First couple of km were all pretty good, although I was sweating heaps for so early in a run. Colin and Blue Dog went past Action at about 3km and I hung onto him until just before 5km. Pretty much straight away seagull came through and I just focussed on running as smooth as possible.
Ended up crossing the line in 41:24, 30 seconds faster than Lane Cove, and certainly noticed that not as many people passed me in the back half of the race.
Splits
1km 3:53 3:53
2km 3:57 7:50
3km 3:55 11:45
4km 4:02 15:47
5km 4:10 19:57
6km 4:12 24:09
7km 4:22 28:31
8km 4:15 32:46
9km 4:18 37:04
10km 4:20 41:24
Average HR of 178!
Had a family do on later in the day and through the day I started to feel all of the classic cold symptons start to appear. To the point that in the evening I retired early to bed, after taking some cold/flu tablets. I did lay out the running gear in case I felt ok the next morning. As it turns out I didn't and it was a struggle to get moving. Some more drugs and food perked me up a bit. I'm now in Brisvegas and have organised to run with some of the Brissie CR tomorrow morning. Iit will be a nice easy hit out! (I hope)
Plan is for TLC for the body this week, very unlikely that I'll run Summer Series, just a few runs to keep the legs ticking over.
No comments:
Post a Comment