A beautiful morning in Brisbane greeted me as I jogged from the hotel to where I had agreed to meet Tesso and Clairie. They had graciously put aside their rest day after mammoth runs yesterday to join me for a run.
We headed down to the river and along the cycleway, through the gardens and then along the walkway along the river under the Storey Bridge and along the floating walkway. Along the way we compared notes and training in the build up for the various big races coming up. A quick drink and stretch and then back the same way. Near the end the pace stepped up a little :) and we finished up at a nice tempo.
Great to see Clairie and Tesso and a good way to start the day, head still feels a bit stuffy but the legs licked over ok and the lungs were fine (as per avg HR below).
Stats
Distance 10.35km
Time 52:38
Avg speed 5:05
Avg HR 151
These girls are troopers after having run 38 & 40km respectively. Some big performances coming up at Canberra I reckon!
5 comments:
I love the way you say 'finished up with a little tempo'....
Certainly got my HR up that's for sure.
Was great seeing you and even better to pick your brain and hear all about Six Foot.
Rest up well today and make sure you don't spend the day on your feet.
Thanks for getting us out there Dave! After the crappy weather we've been having it would've been a shame to sleep in and miss such a beautiful morning.
After taking you to the floating walkway I was sorry no Citycats were cruising by - you didn't get to feel the earth (well, bridge) move under your feet:-)
Have a great week.
Hey Dave - I was in Brisvegas today too - sadly no time to run (and I couldn't have anyway - injured).
See ya on Saturday (I hope).
:-)
Aren't you the lucky one! How nice to get out with the Brisvegas girls on a Monday morning. What a great start to a week!
So lucky to have such inspirational training partners. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment