Ok the 5000m was unbelievable, the roar of the crowd following the lead group around the track was just like a vocal mexican wave. When Mottram hit the front the whole stadium just went beserk! I went close to losing my voice from yelling so hard (not good post lurgy!). Sorry Wobbly, I have actually been down quite often but my customers keep scheduling meetings at times very inconvenient for running during my visit, soon I hope/promise!
Back to running stuff....
As planned went out for first post 6 ft run on Sunday with the Striders 7am group as host. A good way to ease back into things with 6 min/km pace. The job is sort of like a cattle dog, slowing the front of the pack down while encouraging the stragglers to hang on. Given the run was based just down the road I ran to and from as well. Quite pleased with the new inserts (hi Podrunner if you are out there!), only developed a bit of a hot spot on the rh arch.
The head (and body) still felt the lingering effects of much discussed lurgy but felt good for getting out there!
Distance 15.8km
Time 1:34:13
Avg Pace 5:57
Avg HR 153
No comments:
Post a Comment