Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Twinging hammie

Saw the witch doctor yesterday as the hammie/glute are still whinging. I am pretty sure it is all SI joint related as when I stretch that area of my lower back I can get it to "pop" and then the twinging goes away.

Some accupuncture and quite a few cracks later and things seem better, but it is still in the background. It has not really affected my running but is a bit of a worry as to what it might do around the 35km mark potentially!

Summer Series tonight in vat's neighbourhood with the last race. I have been slowly sliding down the ladder with my dodgy runs in Jan/Feb and the fast guys coming through so now look like finishing 9th overall.

Lots of thoughts and discussions about post Canberra activities which is good as usually I lose focus. One big decision is no "long" races for a while, (excluding SMH half which is not really that long) until the build up for Sydney.

4 comments:

Superflake said...

Hope the hammie holds up ok for Canberra. Thats it no long races for me either until Sydney. I think I have 3 halves though.

2P said...

I get the same thing Dave - if it is the SI joint thingee it wont be a problem for the muscle on the run at it is really just a kind of sciatica - nothing actually wrong with the glute/hammie - might hurt a bit but - though my guess is if it is the SI joint causing it once it is really warm the pain will diminish.

Katie said...

Fingers crossed Dave! I will see you Saturday I am able to help out for the race in the morning...smart Katie is taking a rest day :-)

Tesso said...

When you were talking about post Canberra activities I though you meant the party at Rydges :-)