Up and out to Cherrybrook for a shortened version of a full star. I planned to try and run at 5 min/km pace over what is traditonally a tough course, but shorten the distance. Accordingly I opted for the 6:20 group which was a decent size and off we went!
Some decent hills on this course but I held up pretty well and was pleasantly surprised to still be with the main group after the Pony Club climb to the back of Pennant Hills from the Great North Walk. Took the 2 published shortcuts and tried to maintain the pace coming home along rollercoastering hills.
Stats
Distance 24.2km
Time 1:55:41
Avg Pace 4:46 min/km
Avg HR 167
Quite pleased with this run, some potential doubt on garmin distance reading with signal drop outs but bottom line was a good paced run over a hilly/undulating course. LH Hammie/Glute is still complaining so will get some focus this week.
A great couple of days running providing evidence that maybe I have found my mojo again....
5 comments:
Very careless of you to lose it in the first place - maybe you could attach one of those gizmos that beeps when you whistle so you don't lose it again ;-)
Nice pace over a hilly course - great job mate :-)
I borrowed it without you noticing (mojo), just after the equalizer, cue evil laugh with pinky in the air, I'm trying to figure out how you grabbed it back. It's so predictable, the good guy always wins in the end. Roll credits 1st April - I suspect.
hee hee I like seagull!!
Good to hear you have the mojo back. Hope you got it back in concentrated form.
Just make sure you don't lose it again before Canberra!
See ya there.
Looking forward to seeing you at the Canberra marathon. I'll be cheering for a while there, although hoping to do a 'long' run the same day.
Post a Comment