Thursday, March 09, 2006

Buckle up, it's going to get bumpy!

Last blog before I go "over the top". Still no running and went home yesterday for and had an afternoon nap, was feeling that bad.

Today it seems the drugs are taking their grip, had a massage at lunch time which ironed a few kinks out and I am just about feeling human again this afternoon.

Quite a deal of FUD now in the mind, certainly not helped by this lurgy but am actually now getting excited, the start lists are out and I am in wave 2. It has been great fun with all the banter going on at CR and also in a email group I have been part of.

Mixed feelings about my prep, lots of focus in December and January but really slipped in February, capped off with the lurgy. If nothing I will be fresh and I just need to keep myself in check until the river (thanks for the reminder Horrie!).

Thanks to all that have been reading and/or commenting I look forward to seeing a lot of you on the track or up cheerleading. If the blackberry works at caves house I'll email a blog post in after the race.

10 comments:

Tesso said...

Go Dave!!!!

Hope that lurgy is well at truly gone by the time you line up on Saturday.

GOOD LUCK!

Jen said...

GOOD LUCK Dave for Saturday. Have fun - see you then !

Katie said...

Oooh I can sense the anticipation! Enjoy it... you have put the hard work in!

Don Juan said...

Dave, best of luck on the rematch Saturday.

I'll be starting in the right colours, and hopefully showing my true colours. Thanks for your help.

Superflake said...

Hope you have a great race on Saturday Dave. It's been like Mundine vs Green. A long time waiting for the rematch. Have fun and don't smash yourself too hard.

Spud said...

Hope you have a great race on Saturday Dave, get it right this time! Good luck, see you tomorrow.

2P said...

Long way to go for a tissue mate :-)

Have a great one Dave - see you at the end some time.....

Clairie said...

Run Mr President Run!!!

Thinking of you on Saturday. It's only a few hours and it will all be over so make the most of it and push yourself hard. The rest can come whenever....you owe yourself this birthday present!!!

Gronk said...

Go Strider !

Best of luck Dave.

Clairie said...

Happy Birthday Dave.

I have this funny feeling that next year you will be one determined little bugger going up that hill!!

Hope you drop this lurgy and come good in time for Canberra.

Best of luck, we're thinking about you.