Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Tis the season to be busy....

Heaps happening (whats new, I hear you say) but managing to fit running into the schedule, here is what has happened since my last post.

Friday - saw me back up at Duffy's Forest to check out and map the back half of the Striders Xmas Brunch. This session actually beat me up quite a bit with some impressive hills on the trails between Duffys Forest and Mona Vale Road.

Distance 13.1km
Climb of 225m

Saturday - lots of non running stuff and then my work Xmas party, walked the fine line of consumption/sleep/partying.

Sunday - Got the chance to test out the course I had laid out. A good sized 6:10 group and very well behaved. When we hit the decent climb the group fragmented and I ran back with various people, settling in along the final section of the perimeter trail with the faster girls. Then some great food as part of the awards brunch. Some pretty good feedback on the course and if we can add a little bit of extra distance it will be a great 6 foot preparation run!

Distance 23.6km
Climb of 305m

Tuesday - With Six foot in mind I had mapped out a new hills course which is pretty much straight out and back to Parramatta River, see below.

The goal will be to add in some reps of the section between around 3km and 7km.

Distance 9.3km
Climb of 120m

Wednesday - With extra curricular activities associated with the kids school Summer Series is out so I opted for a tempo run on my 14km standard route. Seemed quite humid and I really felt like I was struggling, especially up the hills, probably after affects from yesterdays session. Ended up with 1:04:35 which when I checked my records is the 2nd fastest time over this route, so the suffering was meaningful!

Distance 14.2
Climb of 60m

So the campaign summary looks like....
Day 11 of 96
Days run 7
Total distance 114.5km
Total climb 970m

No comments: