Thursday, April 05, 2007

Momentum

is a wonderful thing!

Wednesday - Autumn night series at Ermington, I have had reasonable success on this map during the daytime. Certainly a little more difficult than last week with a lot more running not on roads and thus also much less available street lights.

I reckon if the people in the suburbs are a little intrigued by summer series then the night running stuff must really grab their attention as various bodies charge in and out of the dark with head lamps and torches clutching a map, running like a mad man!

Was pretty happy with the course selection and my run, some others commented that they struggle running at pace over uneven terrain in the dark but I don't find it too bad. Might have something to do with my headlamp :)

Stats - 9km in just under 50 minutes for avg pace of 5:33, not bad for night running and navigating (well I think so)

Thursday - Tempo run, the staple down to the weir and back to see what is left in the legs after the last 2 days and having not done much for a while before that. Again pretty pleased but also was stuffed when I finished.

Stats - just under 11km in 51:10 so avg pace of 4:42, not my best but far from my worst...

So three hard days in a row, that means recovery/rest tomorrow!

No comments: