Sunday - before the work kicks back in I aimed to go out for a longer run. It was quite a deal cooler than yesterday afternoon and a cold wind blowing. Some research online had turned up a potential run route so off I went. After a few minutes running through downtown from the hotel I got to my first destination which is a tramway (now not used) that runs down the middle of a major road, but in a separate traffic island. The best thing is that the surface was pretty even, no gutters to traverse and it was all grass/dirt so low impact. This went for around 7km to reach a park which then went all the way down to the river and is New Orleans version of Hyde/Central Park. One lap of the park, stopping for a quick drink and then back along the tramway, consciously upping the pace to around 4:50 min/km all the way home.
Very pleased to knock out just under 20km in 1:40:33 for an average pace of 5:07 and average HR of 155. Here is a map of the route.
3 comments:
Wow. You get around don't ya? ;-)
Look after yourself - nothing like jetlag & plane airconditioning to challenge your ability to stay germ free!
Great stuff Dave - we should set up a blog for O/S runs :-)
Gee, you're getting about Dave. A couple of good runs there. I take it that's the Mississippi?
Yes, you were missed in Canberra. You could have run with Eddie for a sub 3:15 :)
Post a Comment