Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Spotted Spud

No I am not talking about something festering away at the bottom of the vegetable drawer!

A "long" day today and I opted for my C2S route, on the way down to the weir near the boathouse I saw Spud and a mate and then as I made my way up towards the rangers hut, there they were again, just near Scribbly's. Then as an extra spotting I saw Strider Greg D out near the 7km marker.

The legs were a little dusty after yesterday but the goal was not to run at tempo pace, more a fast long run pace.

Mission accomplished as I got home running the just over 14km in 1:10 for 4:54 avg pace.

Just noticed on 26miles' blog that there is only 16 weeks until Sydney, might be a good focus point???

2 comments:

Tesso said...

I'm pretty sure Sydney Mara will be my next serious target. The new course should make for a much more pleasant outing :) I'm doing GC but it will hardly be in a decent time.

Anonymous said...

Targetting Sydney Marathon Dave? Sounds like a plan. Think I might do the same myself. Looking that elusive sub 3.30, so I might just follow you!