Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Dress rehearsal

The program calls for 11km today but with a portion at Marathon Pace. Also to dress as you would for the race, ie racing shoes etc. I decided to head on my usual run to the weir and back. A 3km warm up and then into pace which just happens to be about 2/3 down Scribbly's. It was a little cool this morning and I was just wearing the CR singlet and shorts. Coming in close to the weir I saw MPHaz headed in the other direction, fully rugged up, even with a beanie on!

Coming back the 5km section at pace ends about 1/3 up Scribbly so I was really pushing to hold pace until the Garmin said enough. Right at the end I again saw Marty who had run to the top and was coming down and told me to ease up!

A nice cruise home, still a little niggle in the core muscles area but I seem to be managing it ok.

Stats 11.1km in 52:46 (avg pace 4:45, avg HR 161)

No comments: