Sunday, September 04, 2005

Fathers Day catch up

Thursday : In Melbourne and slept in so missed out on early run

Friday : More slackness, after getting back late from Melbourne and attending a Striders meeting then catching up on work

Saturday : Striders 10km @ North Head
I had pretty much decided to run this as a tempo type run with the more important true race a week away. Significant hassles with the electronic timing system ensured no warm up so probably a good thing I was not going to go all out.

It was very hard to watch the usual suspects slowly pull away from me but at around 3km another coolrunner Riz caught up, he was in a similar position and so we decided to run together. I'm sure some of the runners around us may have been a little annoyed as they were at full 10km race pace and Riz and I were cruising and having a bit of a chat.

Ended up with 43:35, feeling very comfortable.

Sunday : Spent the Saturday night at my parents in Gosford for Fathers Day and as usual dad and I raided his old stock in his cellar for a few good drinking old reds. This and fathers day presents and rain made it too easy not to run.

Got home after lunch and the rain had stopped so I went out for a last longer run. A good undulating 18km in 1:25 which is about 4:43 pace and included about 10km @ 4:30 pace. A slight niggle from the groin area which has been pretty quiet but I'm onto that.

Thats it for long runs, the body is as ready as possible. Working on the mind now and a bit of sharpening in the last week.

2 comments:

miners said...

A well deserved Father's Day from the sound of it. Glad your plans went well on Saturday Dave - good to keep yourself primed for the one race of the year that means more than the others.

doh - what am I saying? Canberra HIM is THE race this year ;)

Best of luck on Sunday

silverfox said...

Dave

if anyone deserves a result in Sydney, mate its you. Your endurance base, the most important component to running a solid marathon is second to none.W2B was the perfect longest run in terms of distance, difficulty and the timing to race day. You are primed for a great run. Most of all, relax, get out there and enjoy rhe experience, bring on race day! Looking forward to seeing and running with you on sunday. Carp diem!