Went for a 5km run yesterday, the legs feel good walking around but running again was interesting, mainly could not get into a good rhythm.
Still the run was around 24 minutes which gives about 4:50 pace and an average HR of 152.
The plans for the next couple of months are solidifying nicely. It seems I will actually do the running training around a 12 week half marathon program but only include the hard or long runs, for the days that are scheduled for rest/recovery I'll turn these into cycle/swim sessions.
One thing that seems certain after looking at what I have planned is that I won't be running many STaRs in the next couple of months. With some family holidays, coupled with orienteering/rogaining, Striders Half and then Nepean and Canberra I'm dedicating the "spare" Sundays for longer rides and will move my long runs to Saturday of the same weekend. (another time constraint with Little Athletics on again).
2 comments:
oh-oh. No STaRs? Looks like you are well and truly slipping to the Dark Side oh wise one
May the juggling begin! I got to sit down this weekend and work out if I can fit the tri stuff in and I'm only looking at baby to toddler length!!
TA
Post a Comment