I decided to rock up to the CR 5km challenge today but not bust a boiler running it. Firstly dropped off the Striders timing system at Action's for a bit of fine tuning before the next 10km race. Cam rocked up just as we finished unloading as Action was going to run with the pram while Cam attempted a fast run.
A smaller crowd than normal with Woodford to Glenbrook on tomorrow and also people tapering for Gold Coast next week. I decided to start with the 22 minute group and joined Johnny Dark, Gnome, Professor and Blue Dog. Close to the 2km mark Blue Dog and Professor had pulled away a little but I was content to cruise with JD, Gnome and now Action with the pram. Just after the 3km mark I opted to up the pace a little and kick the legs over and caught up to Prof at the 4km mark. With about 500m to go MPH cruised by and I decided to see if I could hang on to him until the finish, which I pretty much did.
Ended up with 21 minutes even for the 5km, a quick chat and then now wanting to cool down too much headed back with Cam, the pram and Boof.
The total time for the 10km was 45 minutes, legs felt ok, ran in the Nike Air Zoom Elites again and I think they are starting to wear in. No niggles from any of the usual suspects.
Spent most of the rest of the day at housing estates looking at ideas as we are thinking about bulldozing and rebuilding rather than renovating the house. Actually pretty tiring stuff, keeping an eye on 3 kids who became progressively more bored at the same time looking for stuff you like/hate in designs and trying to note it all down....
No comments:
Post a Comment