Tuesday, June 20, 2006

More hills

In a good sign of consistency (or is that insanity?) back to Cox's road for another hill rep session. Straight up it was obvious the legs had not fully recovered from the weekend but I persisted with the 10 reps regardless.

10 reps @ 1:35.5 (LW 1:31.6)
Recovery @ 1:50.7 (pretty much same as last week)

Good news is that neither achilles not ITB nor hammie played up, just general leg deadness.

Backed up from this with a session with Easy Tiger to iron out any kinks which he found heaps. The good news is the extensive work he did on my calves certainly seemed to further ease the tension in the achilles. Pretty obvious however that I desperately need to start stretching my hammies more and he felt that the ITB like tension I was experiencing may have been more associated with my ongoing tight LH hammie!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Gee....that is a lot of hills!! All good :-) I did not notice any ratbags :-)

Anonymous said...

I've havent even started on hils yet. :) Interesting about the hammie though. I've noticed that the more I am running I am staring to feel a little tension in my right hammie. Definatley more stretching required.