Quite a deal cooler this morning as I headed out in the dark for a warm up before attacking Coxs Rd hill again.
Hill reps are not a very exciting blog posting but it sort of went up/down repeat ten times. Always get a good burn on the legs from this session but was pretty happy that the various niggles remained for most part pretty quiet.
End result
10 reps @ avg of 1:31.6, slightly faster than the last session (1:32.2)
The average rest however was quite a deal less at 1:50.6 vs previously 1:54
I think this session will pay dividends, just need to be consistent about doing it more regularly.....
Not going to taper much for the State XC champs which are on Sunday (hey there is nothing much to taper!). I do however think that racing Saturday followed by a long run Sunday is certainly having an effect on my fitness.
On a totally different subject, while everyone is going feral about the soccer world cup, my mind is already starting to think about the TDF and I am planning on running my dream team comp again!
2 comments:
Just to give you guys a chance I might opt out of this years TDF comp ... not!!!
Actually a couple of the guys from the PCRG will be on an organised cycling tour that follows the course just before the pros get on it. I might put my money on one of them ;-)
So is the effect on the fitness in a positive or negative way?
Post a Comment