Saturday, September 30, 2006

Month end!

Firstly a fairly uneventful recovery run around the oval this morning. Was very trmpted to go and test the leg speed at the CR 5km challenge but the girls have little A's on Saturday mornings and I'm required to look after #3 so that the DTI stays in balance. The Garmin was playing silly buggers again this morning, saying it's lap memory was full and trying to clear some memory while running was unsuccessful so I had to listen to the bugger beeping every 5 seconds, good thing I had the iPod on, just notched the volume up a little :)

In another good sign, my recovery runs, when not affected by a massive run on the day before, are also getting faster, this is while I am adjusting effort by the heart rate reading, the aim to stay below 150 bpm. The legs aren't travelling too bad, still a little sus below the knee on the shin area especially the RH. In better news it seems (touch wood) that the achilles niggles are gone!

So September was interesting, more consistency with 18 days of running from 30, but only 3 days missed since the Sydney Marathon.

Stats for September
Distance : 234km
Avg pace : 5:08

Plans for October....
This has the making of a big month. First up is the 10km at Homebush, my first 10km race since July, also at Homebush where I posted a 41:23. One of the "question marks" appears with my first crack at Fitzroy Falls bush marathon. Then it's time for the Striders internal half marathon at Lane Cove, always lots of fun with the seeded handicap start. Just to make life even more interesting Summer Series Orienteering starts on Wednesday evenings which will provide a different fartlek style 45 minute workout mid week for me!

Oh and for the above 3 races in particular, they are a step along the road and so no extended taper etc, 26 miles must be reading my mind :)

Other goals for October, include continuing my healthier lunch time eating and increasing my count of alcohol/coffee/cola free days, I need to drop a few more kg but am already about 3kg lighter compared to the start of August!

5 comments:

Ewen said...

5:08 average pace for the month! You know how to make someone feel like a slug Dave.

Thanks for refraining from mentioning the park in your last post. I hardly shed a tear.

Jen said...

What a great month Dave. Sounds like another steady month of building ahead in October.

BTW, I've found your missing 3kgs. Would you like them back?

Clairie said...

Thats great news Davo on all counts. I love to see a runner so organised with their upcoming runs, their month summary just past. It all makes for fascinating reading.

The 3kgs!!! You don't have that much to lose. Hope you don't go anorexic on us mate!

But as for the healthy eating - it's a slog day by day but when you actually realise how good it is making you perform or feel - it makes the sacrafices easier to make.

2P said...

Spring must be your season Dave - fantastic September mate - keep it going ;-)

Superflake said...

Some nice k's there Dave. Great to see the achillies has gone back to Greece. Good luck at Homebush and then FFM.