Thursday, September 21, 2006

More recovery!

After yesterday's faster session a chance today to again let the recovery continue with being back at home and so across the oval for soft impact circle work!

For some reason the Garmin was not too keen to get a fix today, might have thought it was still in Melbourne....

Anyway the whole intent of this session is not pace/distance but HR dependent and I did the usual trick of cruising under 150 bpm. Surprisingly (again!) the legs felt quite good and if anything it seemed the cardio system is taking a little longer to recover.

To cap it off, the Garmin continued to ignore the satellites and then the shuffle died as well, probably the battery ran out.

This weekend there are 2 options looming, SMC or the Berowra STaR. Given my immediate upcoming plans I think a longer run on softer trails will be of more benefit than another faster paced hit out on the pavement. That is a pity as it seems a lot of CR's will be out at Smiffo :( I'll certainly make some appearances out there as the season unfolds!

No comments: