Saturday Sunday and Monday were all similar, awakening to the sound of torrential rain and deciding discretion was better than valour pulled the doona back up. Given the lurgy is still lightly lurking in the background it seemed unwise to go out in the cold wet conditions. Both Saturday and Sunday were then locked out with other "stuff" happening..... Monday morning it was absolutely bucketing down, our back yard resembled a lake and I had to go searching for the pets to make sure they were ok and give them some food. I promised them if it continued I'd be back in a boat and to start pairing up.
So a nice little enforced taper/rest.
Today the sky was clear (well ok in one corner) and I headed back to the hill for some more reps as atonement for my general sloth like behaviour in previous days. The confessional advice was 10 reps with minimal recovery, maybe with a hail mary thrown in for good measure :)
Very pleased to say that I pruned 2 seconds off my recent averages for the up reps and also 2 seconds off the average downhill. So after reviewing my previous records this looks like the best session I have had on this hill, a good sign that the legs have freshened up a little but also that maybe some adaption is creeping in, especially from Willy to Billy?
Stats
10 reps at average of 1:31.1 with average 1:48.6 recovery.
The plan for the rest of the week is -
Wednesday - Weir run at marathon pace with some stride outs at the oval on the way home
Thursday - Recovery run
Friday - Another run at marathon pace with more stride outs
Saturday - Recovery or complete rest
The marathon pace sessions above is the target pace I'm running as a pacer on Sunday, not my actual "race pace" and just to try and get the body used to the more even tempo, might even do one of these sessions around the bay which is flatter and more indicative of the terrain from Sunday than the ups and downs associated with LCNP.
5 comments:
Which pacer??? Will I have your lovely company or are you doing the 3:30 group?
Funny, I now have water views too!
Great session today Dave! Must have been that enforced rest/taper.
Secret training on the ark. How did the ark fit across the weir? I won't be seeing you on Sunday unles we pass across Darling harbour maybe as I'm in the half. Good luck with the run and hope the injuries stay away.
You are a funny man Dave!!!
Sounds like those Hail Mary's worked for you if you ended up with your best hill session :)
Can you send the rain up our way - we got a bit but are desperate for more....think of us next time when you are out running in the rain, we are about to go to Level 4 restrictions.
Let's hope the ark is not needed on Sunday. Come on Sydney - you can do it!
Post a Comment